IDD provides an in-depth FAQ, and probably has your answer right here!
New to Island Daily Deals, and want to ask a question without reading? Email us or PM us on Facebook — we’re quick to respond, and its, well, real people. We are here to help, we even get paid to do it!
Now, onwards to your regularly scheduled programming, common questions & helpful reminders:
Island Daily Deals is the best place to find amazing discounts on the best products and services across Vancouver Island. Our website offers you the opportunity to explore new and exciting businesses in your area: Restaurants, Accommodations, Attractions, Spa’s & Esthetics, Massages, Automotive, you name it! We’re dedicated to bringing our subscribers the best deals!
Using collective buying power, the strength of our amazing followers, the brilliance of our core team, a plethora of amazing Island businesses, the intensity of the internet and a dash of awesome, we show you the best things to see, eat and do on Vancouver Island; from hidden gems to a business you already know and love, we just may have it.
That’s easy! Simply click the ‘Buy Now’ button to get started (don’t forget, deals have a time limit and finite number of coupons available). You’ll then be taken to your Shopping Cart; you’ll need to register for an account, or login if you already have one, then checkout using PayPal. After you checkout, your coupon will be sent via email & linked to your IDD account.
Simply complete this form, and you’ll be connected with an awesome member of our Business Development Team! They’ll be happy to discuss putting together the perfect feature to help grow your business.
Simply visit this link and enter your email in the top-right field of our homepage! You can also opt-in while creating your IDD account.
We’re sorry to see you go! Emails you receive from us contain a “Safe Unsubscribe” link at the bottom (you may have to click View Entire Message or See More, depending on your email client).
You bet! Simply scroll to the bottom of any of our emails and select “Update Profile”, which will allow you to update your email preferences for deal locations.
Purchase and Payment
First, go to the page of the deal you’re interested in and click “Buy Now”, leading you to your Shopping Cart. From there, click 'Proceed to Checkout' and you are taken to PayPal’s secure checkout (No PayPal account required). Sign into PayPal or click 'Pay with Debit or Credit Card' and complete your purchase. Finally, a link to your coupon is emailed to you, and is stored within your IDD account.
Our site uses PayPal’s Secure Checkout. If you do not have, or desire, a PayPal account, you can also pay with a credit/debit card authorized for online use. We also accept Credit Cards over the phone, and cash/credit/debit payments in-office.
- A few scenarios may cause this:
- First, verify all information has been input correctly, and that the card is not expired.
- Billing details entered must match your card company’s records.
- Other possibilities include insufficient funds, a hold placed on your card by the issuing institution, etc.
- PayPal support is best equipped to answer questions about transactions not completing.
Please allow a slight delay for PayPal to process your transaction; generally, this delay is less than 60 seconds, however this can reach 5-10 minutes during high traffic — unsure? Contact our friendly Support Team!
No worries! If you’re certain you only want one and have no lucky friends who could use it, or if the Fine Print restricts to one per person, give us a shout within 7-days of your purchase, and we’ll be happy to help.
Redeeming a Coupon
- Coupons can be redeemed by printing a copy and bringing it to the associated business – some accept mobile versions as well; call ahead if you’d like to check!
- Print your coupon. All active coupons can be viewed in your Account Dashboard, once logged in. Click the “Print” button next to coupon you’d like to print.
- Read the fine print! Some coupons have special instructions, and some require appointments / reservations.
- Present your printed coupon to the merchant at time of booking / redemption.
- Enjoy your deal!
- Tell you what, if we can’t answer your question ourselves (rare, but challenge accepted), we’ll share your question with the merchant and get back to you ASAP!
- Alternatively, you’re welcome to contact the business offering the deal for accurate and complete details. You can find their contact details on the deal page as well as on your coupon.
- In some cases, coupons may be subject to additional charges, which are detailed in the Fine Print.
- Taxes: (unless otherwise stated, merchants are always responsible for collecting tax on coupons upon redemption).
- Tip/Gratuity: if your service deserved a tip, we recommend you tip on the full, pre-discounted amount of the service. Many employees depend on tips for a considerable portion of their income, and we wouldn’t want to see anybody suffer a loss of income for accepting one of our coupons.
- Other Fees & Surcharges: In some (rare) cases, businesses may collect additional fees or surcharges associated with their industry. These details would also be contained in the deal’s Fine Print.
- Don’t worry – sometimes our promotions can have an impact on a business’ response time due to phone calls, email inquires, social media, etc.
- Let us know – we’ll happily share your contact details directly with the provider to connect with you!
Policies and Conditions
Island Daily Deals has a 7–day Full Refund Policy. This allows you to make purchases with the peace–of–mind that any mistakes or accidents can be quickly and easily corrected. As long as you request a refund within 7–days of your purchase and the coupon is unused, we can guarantee a full refund.
- Give us a shout – we’ll ensure you’re aware of all possible options for your specific purchase, and facilitate a resolution. That’s right, facilitate.
- After 7–days, refunds are treated on a case–by–case basis. For refunds taking place outside of the 7–day window, funds are returned in the form of an IDD credit applied to your account – credits do not expire, nor do they have purchase limits or restrictions, and auto–apply to your next purchase(s).
- Island Daily Deals can NOT offer refunds on expired coupons, as funds for the deal have already been transferred to the merchant.
- If you would like a refund on a purchase, simply contact our Support Team, being sure to include your coupon code and outline the reason for your request.
- As noted above, Island Daily Deals cannot offer refunds on expired coupons. However, you do have a few options available if you’re unable to redeem prior to expiry.
- First, please reach out to the business offering the promotion to see if they’re willing to accommodate your situation. We always like to offer businesses the opportunity to resolve such situations; contact information for the business is available on your coupon.
- If the business cannot accommodate you and the coupon has not yet expired, please contact our Support Team prior to expiry, and we’ll do our best to find a resolution for you.
- Finally, all our coupons (with rare exceptions, such as seasonal and event–based deals such as concerts) can be redeemed for their cash–value (price paid) toward the same product/service for a period of up to 6–months post–expiry, at the merchant’s discretion.
- Every deal has particular Fine Print that can be viewed prior to purchasing on the deal page, or once purchased, on the coupon itself.
- In addition, all deals are subject to our Universal Fine Print, unless otherwise stated. These include Applicable taxes due upon redemption, gratuities are not included, one-time redemption (must use coupon in 1 visit), no cash/credit back, and cannot combine with other offers.
While feedback is most beneficial when provided to the handling business, Island Daily Deals prides ourselves on hosting reliable, quality businesses across Vancouver Island. If our customers are having issues, we want to know! Feedback can be sent to our Support Team.